General Requirements (for all visas)
- Note: NO appointment is required for Visa application
- Applicants will be entertained on first come first served basis during application processing time.
- For all types of visas, please submit the following:
- Duly filled Visa Form
- Original passport (valid for at least six months) along with its photocopy
- Two recent passport size photographs (with white background)
- Any other document(s) that can be helpful in obtaining a visa
- For additional requirements please see the details of required Visa category.
Please note that Visa is valid for the period mentioned in the visa sticker, which is calculated from the date of issue. The period of stay is counted from the date of entry into Pakistan.
If the Visa Officer is satisfied about the purpose of a visit an appropriate visa is issued to a visitor or a tourist holding a British Passport.
Single entry: £53 + 2 (Bank Charges)
Double entry: £76 + 2 (Bank Charges)
Multiple entries: £240 + 2 (Bank Charges)
A single, Double or Multiple entry visa is issued to British passport holders for a family visit to Pakistan.
Concession in fee for dual Pakistani Nationals
For dual nationals holding British passport with a valid / expired Pakistani passport, a fee concession is available on the Single Entry Visa only. Concessional fees (for these dual nationals) are as following:
Age 18 years and above: £27 + 2 (Bank Charges)
Age below 18 years: £13 + 2 (Bank Charges)
- Eligibility for concession:
- Age 18 years and above:
- To claim the concession in fee, the applicant must provide his / her own valid / expired Pakistani passport and its photocopy.
- Age below 18 years:
- For applicants whose parents hold Pakistani passport can get the same concession. To get the concession the following additional documents are required:
- Original detailed birth certificate with a photocopy
- Parent’s Pakistani passport and its photocopy.
- Note: The denounced nationality passport will not be accepted.
For business visa, applicant has to submit the following documents
Company letter (UK based)
An invitation letter from Pakistan with other supporting documents.
Following are the three categories of Business Visa with respective fee:-
- Single Entry £80 + 2 (Bank Charges)
- Double Entry £114 + 2 (Bank Charges)
Multiple Entry (one year) £240 + 2 (Bank Charges)
Establishment of Facilitation Desks at International Airports for Issuance of Visa on Arrival to Businessmen/Investors
The Government of Pakistan has decided to grant visa to genuine foreign businessmen / investors from many countries including United Kingdom, on arrival non-reporting for 30 days on production of any of the following documents:
- i) Recommendatory letter from Chamber of Commerce & Industries (CC&I) of the respective country of visitor.
- ii) Invitation letter from business organization duly recommended by the concerned Trade Organization / Association in Pakistan.
- iii) Recommendatory letter by investment Consular of Board of Investment posted at Pakistan Mission abroad.
- ” Visa Facilitation Desks” extending facility of Visa on Arrival to businessmen / investors, have started functioning at International Airports of Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Quetta and Peshawar with effect from 1st February, 2005.
Work and Student Visa
This type of visa requires two to three months to process. Following documents are required for Work and Student visa:-
Job offer letter / letter from Board of Investment;
University / College / School acceptance letter;
Other supporting documents will be required to obtain this visa.
Click here for Visa Fee Rates
A request for visa for media professionals is to be routed through the Information Division of the High Commission for Pakistan.
Click the link for Journalist Visa details: Journalist Visa details
A pilgrim visa is issued to those who wish to visit holy places (Shrines/Gurdawaras) in Pakistan. It is allowed to groups of pilgrims and is normally restricted for a specified period. The pilgrim visa is essentially for single entry. Two months notice is needed for such applications.
- Single entry only: £53 + 2 (Bank Charges)
Diplomatic and official Visa
Diplomatic and official visas are issued free of charge to those who are visiting Pakistan on an official assignment/tenure of posting. A note verbale from the FCO would be required.
Applicants or their couriers, in such cases, should contact the specified visa officer at the High Commission.
Visas for Non-UK citizens
Applicants holding passports other than British passport should provide proof of residential status in the UK. Their passport must contain the appropriate entry. Alternatively, a utility bill (Electricity, Gas or Water) or Bank Statement in applicant’s name may suffice. Those who have no evidence of stay here in the UK should apply for visa in their country of origin.
Transit visa is issued to those who are travelling to other countries through Pakistan. Applicants should produce the original ticket up to the country of final destination. Transit visa will not carry duration of stay of more than 72 hours.
Click here for Visa Fee Rates
Contact Visa Department
Visa Helpline: 020 7664 9275
Above number can be called between the following hours (Monday to Friday):
10:00am to 12:30pm
2:00pm to 5:30pm
Visa is liable to be cancelled if information requested in the form is withheld or found to be incorrect.
British nationals not resident in UK should apply for Visa in their respective countries of residence.
Other national should apply for visa from their countries of origin.
Visitors to UK are not entertained for grant of Visas.
Visa is usually given on the same day. Delays, however, can occur due to circumstances beyond the High Commission’s control, especially where a reference has to be made to Pakistan.
Visa fee is subject to periodical revision without notice.
Visa fee is charged per person and not per passport. If children are endorsed in the passport additional fee will be charged.
Fee is only payable in cash or postal order made out in the name of the High Commission for Pakistan. Personal cheques are not accepted
Visa fee is not refundable even if visa is refused.
Note: £ 2.00 mentioned with all fees above is bank surcharge per application for consular services being charged at all Pakistan Consulates including London